Monday, December 29, 2008

Wii obsession

My parents bought us a Wii for Christmas as a wonderful family gift. It came with Wii sports (they might all come with that???) and then they got us Wii Fit. Tyler has been enjoying some aspects of it, but every night after he has gone to bed there has been some sort of Wii challenge. Most nights we bowl.


As you can see, my mom even tried (she's left-handed and she was able to bowl without moving her bad knee at all). Unfortunately she could only bowl for a few minutes as it proved to be too much for her.

Al and I are obsessed though! After all, I've got some work to do on Wii Fit. It has told me, in no uncertain terms, that I am in fact "overweight".

Luckily Al's mom gave us money to buy some more games (she knew that Al wanted Mario Kart, which Tyler will enjoy too). Al went out last night to Walmart to buy a couple of games and they had NOTHING that we wanted. I presume there will be another trip out today!

6 comments:

Mommyof2boys said...

You guys will have so much fun with the Wii ! I'm jealous you got Wii Fit though LOL I want that but stores around here are out of them ! For months we played Wii Sports because we didn't know what was good,but those are really fun,I'm the pro at boxing ;) LOL
However my brother and SIL got each other Mario Kart for Christmas without knowing it so we bought the other one from them and Ashton loves it !
Enjoy !

Debbie said...

We bought the Wii a while ago and yes, very, very addicting...Now both my girls love playing it. Jillian (4 yrs) can bowl up to a 180. Unreal....We have the Jillian Michaels tape, which is good, but pretty difficult and we just bought the Carnival Games, which is a lot of fun...I am jealous about the Fit too...I NEED that one!

Working Mama said...

What a nice gift! Your parents are the best!!! Enjoy it!

Homemade Happenings said...

Hoe awesome! my nephew has a Wii and we were bowling together on Christmas. Tons of fun!! Enjoy it!

Karen said...

We got a Wii for Christmas too. I got Wii Fit for Christmas and love it! Don got 3 shooting games, Shawn got Mario Kart, Sponge Bob, Lego Star Wars, and a dirt bike racing game. Oh, and Wii Sports came with the system. I just played that one tonight for the first time. I love the bowling. Have fun!

Hill said...

My brother has a Wii, but I am video-game-illiterate. The boys LOVE Mario-Kart, and often just drive their cars into a pond, and bust up laughing, so I'm sure Tyler will dig it, too! Call me "old school", but I will always stand by the classic Atari.