Monday, December 15, 2008

the guessing game

So yesterday afternoon Jason got fussy again. Would barely sleep, and only in my arms. Pretty darn cranky too. Today was the same, with bouts of screaming as well as gassiness. Definitely not how he had been the past few days. Poor guy.

At the advice of the pediatricians in the hospital, the doctor, and the LLL leader I spoke with, I had started to slowly add foods back in my diet. For about 4 days now I've had a toaster streudel in the morning. It has a slight amount of dairy, obviously not much, but I'm assuming he's obviously not highly sensitive to dairy. But yesterday instead of my normal rice or almond milk I had chocolate almond milk. SOOO is his behavior a result of the chocolate? Or was it a build-up of the dairy in his system? So hard to tell. I'm wishing I would have given myself longer on just the minimal dairy before introducing anything else, although I did do just about the recommended amount of time. So, chocolate or dairy? Or both? Or just odd cooincidence and he's just having a bad couple of days? It wouldn't be so hard to handle if I didn't beat myself up over it.

I KNEW I shouldn't have bragged to my mom about how well he was doing. Especially should not have mentioned how well he had been sleeping. I'm gonna pay dearly for that. LOL!

No comments: