Friday, December 19, 2008

crappy, crappy mommy

I am failing at this feeding thing. I am pretty stressed out about many things going on (some of which I'm keeping private for now) and today I caved and had 3 Christmas cookies. Not BEFORE Jason vomited again though. So either I ate something yesterday that had some hidden dairy in it, or he's bothered by some other food (instead of or in addition to this dairy thing)...or this is all just a sad annoying little coincidence. I can't do it right now. So my goal is to not eat all the obvious potential triggers (milk, ice cream, cheese) but I can't continue to stress over this as much as I am when I don't even know what I'm dealing with. If the problems persist after the holidays I will be fully eliminating all the potential triggers. This sucks.

Good news is, despite the vomiting and tons of spit-up, he still seems happy and is still sleeping. Not as much, but not as bad as it had been.

4 comments:

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

(((HUGS)))I give you HUGE kudos for sticking with it as long as you have, especially with all the road bumps. You're doing a tons better job then I ever did. Hang in there and I hope things get better.

Karlise said...

You are doing such a wonderful job sticking with this H! I can't imagine how hard it is and you are obviously very committed to breastfeeding. Not many moms can say they wouldn't have given in by now.

Tiffany said...

Oh no! Heather you are doing such a great job and I am very impressed with your dedication. Hang in there!

jamielblev said...

Oh Heather. (((HUGS))) You are doing such a good job. I know this is really hard. Please don't beat yourself up. You are doing the best you can do and that's all you can do. I promise you it will get easier. I remember it was sooooooo hard for about 6-8 months and then finally things began to get a little easier. Hang in there!!!!