Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm gonna pay for this!

For some reason both boys were up by 6:30 this morning. Not sure why. Tyler has been sleeping usually until 7:00 or later and I often have to wake up Jason to take Tyler to preschool at 8:30. But, like I said, today was 6:30. By 6:35 I had both of my boys in bed with me watching "the crystal grinch" (aka: The Grinch Who Stole Christmas). Jason was being very happy and calm, so around 7:45 I put him in the swing so I could get a shower. I came out and he looked drowsy and by the time I had to leave he was asleep. I had to wake him to bring Tyler to school not even 15 minutes later. He never fell back to sleep. He apparently thought that was a full nap. So after trying to get him to nap for a while I eventually brought him to Walmart for some necessities. I got him into the car afterwards and by the time we got to preschool he was back asleep. Got a lovely 5 minute nap in the car. So by the time afternoon rolled around I figured he was pretty darn tired. At around 12:45 I laid down with him to nurse. I told Tyler he could watch TV until I came out. He knew his "rest time" was coming up, so I guess he figured he wouldn't mess with his luck. Next thing I know it's 2:30 and Tyler is asking me if he can skip his nap. Apparently we BOTH passed out. I told Tyler he could skip his rest as long as he was quietly watching TV. I had all intentions of trying to get out of bed (I was still holding Jason) and I managed to fall back to sleep until Jason and I woke up at 4:00!!

I came out and found this.

Isn't my Tyler such a good boy? Just sitting there playing with playdough. I suspect most 4-year-olds would have destroyed the house by then, and with others it would be downright neglectful to leave them alone while mommy napped. But not my Tyler. I am very blessed.

So why will I pay for this? For one, neither Jason or I will likely sleep much tonight. And secondly, since Tyler is such a good boy who doesn't manage to get into much mischief, I suspect Jason will be just the opposite. LOL!

2 comments:

Homemade Happenings said...

Wow! I am impressed! I know my girl would have destroyed the house! Lucky you!

Karlise said...

Tyler is a good boy! My boys are like that too. Sometimes you just need a nap. They usually watch tv or play Legos.