Wednesday, December 31, 2008

new beginnings

My brother Jim, who was engaged to be married this October, recently parted ways with his fiance. Just last week he got to move into his new rental. It's located right on a stream in a beautiful wooded area. It's adorable and I'm so happy for him!


As you can see the previous property renters had a play set. Tyler had a ball playing and Jason got his first swing ride. As you can see, he enjoyed it so much that he passed out within minutes. I told Jim I was moving in!



I would like to add that both boys were wearing their Eagles gear that day (Sunday) and it brought them major luck!

Speaking of "new beginnings", at the end of a year it's always nice to remember that it's never too late for a new start. Some of our high school friends had drifted apart over the years. At my friend Christina's funeral we met up with them and made a vow not to lose touch again. Sunday night myself, Kristen, Jen, Veronica, and Lindsey all got together for dinner. It was a nice little girls' night out, plus Jason of course. I seem to have lost the battle bottle so my little nursling must go everywhere with me! He was a good little boy though!

Oh, and in other news, remember how I had mentioned how Jason was doing so well? I stupidly decided to eat cheese (Riviera pizza, ymmmmmmm) just to confirm if the dairy was the cause since I was so unsure. It is definitive for sure...at first he didn't seem so bad. A little more spit-up, a little fussier, but nothing conclusive. Well, as the evening rolled around he was CRANKY. And then I tried to put him to bed around 6:50 (this would have been normal based on when he last woke up). It took me until after 12:30 to accomplish this task. EVIL! So, my new beginning of definite dairy-free living has begun. I took a trip to Trader Joe's and found dairy-free treats! Yipee!

No comments: