Wednesday, December 3, 2008

a day at the mall

This afternoon I packed up the boys and head to the mall. Jason blessed me by sleeping part-way there and then fell back to sleep once he was in the stroller (this doesn't usually happen, in fact I often wonder why I own a stroller). I got a chance to jump into The Children's Place and Motherhood Maternity before Tyler hit the play area. He got a quick chance to maneuver his way around the mass amounts of small toddlers, meanwhile announcing that the the little kids "don't know how to share". It's funny to think that I used to secretly curse those bigger kids on the play equipment and now my Tyler is nearing that status. From there it was off to the "family restroom" (I think that's what it's called) so Tyler could watch an inappropriate cartoon while I nursed Jason. Met another fellow nurser of a 3-month-old precious girl. That was a first, to chat with another mom while feeding our babies. Then we did it, we tackled Christmas pictures. First off, Tyler LOVES Alyssa (our photographer) and apparently so does Jason. We even got a smile or two captured. They turned out pretty cute, which does mean that I'd inevitably spend way too much money. While they processed the pictures we went BACK to nurse Jason (they took photos for an HOUR!) and then off to sit on Santa's lap. I should correct that...we went to stand near Santa. Tyler will not sit ON Santa, but he did allow Jason to do so. How sweet, huh? Oh well, we got a quick photo opportunity (meaning I got to shell out $17 for a 3x5 and 2 wallets of this photo..the smallest package they had) and Tyler scored a lollipop. He told Santa he could bring "whatever you want". He later told me he'd write Santa a letter. Apparently he was just pretending to be that easy for the big guy. Pixos and a kitchen scale, "and maybe a stuffed Piglet" still top the list of requests. Then we went back to the photo studio to pick out our pictures. That's tough. Took way too long, apparently for Tyler as well. He started to be a royal pain in my behind. That was the only rough part of the trip. Well, that's not exactly accurate. The toughest part of the trip was standing in line at Chick-Fil-A for dinner and NOT ordering a milkshake. This non-dairy thing stinks. Talk about torture!

For your viewing pleasure, over-priced Santa pictures!

And later down the road, thanks to photo editing, Jason might actually believe I cared enough to bring him by himself to sit on Santa's lap for the first time. Truth be told, I would do so if it wouldn't cost me another darn $17!

3 comments:

Audrey Griffis said...

great photos- i give you soo much credit on keeping up with the breastfeeding GO you !!!!

Working Mama said...

Great picture, Heather. You'll have to post the photos from Studio One when you can access them. I can't wait to see them! What cuties they are!

Mommyof2boys said...

Awwww soooo cute !

I know what you mean,our Santa picture was $14 and I have been to plenty where they go ahead and let you take personal pictures with your own camera...nope...not this time.
We didn't attempt to do Austin because he screams with ~everyone~