Sunday, December 7, 2008

my confession

Did you ever see something and say "I will NEVER wear that"? Well, I did. That statement was referring to crocs. I am sorry if this is offensive to anyone, but I think they are ugly. Very ugly. Tyler owns them because I grew to think they were slightly cute on kids, and my mom found ones with Mickey heads and I caved. And Tyler fell in love. He and his crocs get along very well. He's now on his 3rd pair and they've all been well loved.

As you know my mom broke her knee and had surgery. She bought the lined crocs so that she could have something comfortable, safe, and warm to wear during her recovery. While I was there visiting last month I slipped them on my feet during one of my countless trips through the house while pacing with Jason. They were admittedly pretty comfy. When we got back to FL I noticed my feet hurting even more while paced, especially on our tile. I decided to buy a pair. I found a GREAT deal on shoebuy.com (I highly recommend it if you've never checked them out). Unfortunately, since it was such a great deal, they only had 2 colors left in my size. I settled for this hideous color of baby blue.

So, I am now the proud owner of the ugliest, but most comfortable, shoes out there. There hasn't been a day that passed since they arrived that I have not worn them.

I vow to NEVER wear the jeans that taper at the ankles though. Absolutely not. I will stand firm on this issue. It's bad enough that I wear clown shoes.

4 comments:

Karlise said...

Buahaha! I still won't buy regular Crocs (the originals) for myself. All the guys in the house have a pair or 2 though. BUT I love my Crocs capris (flip flops) and Cleos. Okay, I *might* buy those Mammoths for house slippers but I won't wear them in public! LOL

Heather said...

Oh, they do NOT leave the house! LOL.

Karen said...

LOL, you're funny Heather! I'm not sure if I could buy myself a pair of the clogs either but I've been tempted a couple of times because of everyone raving about how comfortable they are.

Melodie said...

Lucky for me, they don't make Crocs for skinny feet, so I will never be able to wear them - whether I want to or not.