Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A trip to Disney

Yesterday I decided to meet my friend Melinda in Disney. She was here visiting (from NJ) and I had told her I'd do my best to make it there one day. I seem to always have to cancel, so I made it my mission to follow through. Yesterday seemed to be our best bet. We decided to meet at Disney Hollywood Studio (or MGM as most people still know it).

I picked up Tyler a little early from school and informed him of our exciting plans. I've never seen him get in his car seat any quicker! Our drive there was peaceful. Tyler ate his lunch (as did I) and Jason fell asleep fairly quickly. Tyler talked on my phone to my mom for a while and the he "rested". We got there and managed to somehow (I honestly don't know how) end up in handicapped parking and they let us stay because "it looks like you have your hands full" (so sometimes a screaming baby, coupled with a 4-year-old, can work to your benefit). That was a huge help because I didn't have to worry about tackling the tram with a baby, preschooler, bag, and stroller!

We got to the park and got in fairly easily. We enjoyed looking at the lights and decorations as we waited for my friend to arrive from her hotel (she waited 30 minutes for her bus and then they closed down the gates due to a computer glitch). They finally arrived and Tyler was so excited to see his friend Scarlett. They met when Tyler was maybe 6-9 months old and they've been friends since.

We first checked out the Playhouse Disney show. Tyler tried this once at about 18 months old and decided it was "scary" and there's been no getting him back in there since. It's amazing what peer pressure can do. He LOVED it!. This stood true for the Muppets 3D show as well. Unfortunately our luck ran out for the Voyage of the Litte Mermaid. This is still classified as "scary". Jason enjoyed the shows too, for different reasons. He got to eat during each of them and then enjoyed the large screens!






We also spent some time at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids "playground". It was packed. After nearly losing both kids we called it quits.

We ate some food too and saw some characters, before the grand finale. The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. As expected, Tyler and Scarlett had a grand time, as did we all. If you ever get the chance to go, it is truly amazing!




1 comment:

Karlise said...

I'm not a big fan of that playground either. It's too hard to lose them in there! Same goes for the Boneyard too.