Friday, December 19, 2008

Ahhhh, 12 hours!

Less than 12 hours until I leave for the airport, and still soooo much to do. Wouldn't be that bad if I had gotten more than 2 hours of broken sleep last night and about 3-4 hours of broken sleep the night before. Oh, and the fact that at least 8 hours of that 12 hours I have remaining, in theory, should be spent sleeping!

Lets see, still gotta charge up the Leapster and camera batteries, charge up the ipod, upload pictures, update the blog (oh wait, I am doing that), finish a load of laundry, wash and stuff all of the cloth diapers, finish packing, run to CVS to get more prenatals, go to the post office, shower, pack snacks, physically assemble some gifts...hmm, something else too...oh, take care of 2 kiddos.

Al will be of no help to me. He didn't get home until around 10:00 tonight, which is about what time he's been home all week. On top of that, he got as little sleep as I did last night and now instead of flying out with us to NJ tomorrow, he'll be driving from FL to visit a family member who is currently hospitalized. He still has to do laundry, get the car ready and pack before taking us to the airport before he starts his drive, and he obviously needs as much sleep as he can get. Hopefully he'll be able to join us in NJ by Monday.

Aside from all that, we're still trying to take in as much of the holiday festivities as we can. Tyler had his preschool holiday party today, so of course he was hyped up on sugar. He came home very proud of his pasta necklace, and presented me with a pasta frame.

Later my friend Gineen came over today and I let Tyler and his friend decorate some Christmas cookies. Meanwhile Gineen and I shared stories about life with 2 kiddos. Isn't her new little boy just goregous?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope the flight went well! Tyler looks adorable and so proud of his creations.

Unknown said...

Heather please tell Champ my thought and prayers are with you guys. I will see you soon.

jamielblev said...

The best part about you going to NJ is you will get some SLEEEEEEP!!!!!! You know your parents will gladly take on baby duty the entire visit just so you can regain some sanity with a little shut eye. ;-)