That Monday we had a long-ago scheduled appointment for Tanya (from TLea's Image Keepsakes Photography) to come take pictures of the boys at the nearby lake. With all the craziness with Jason I had sort of put this on the back burner. Hence just a mere hour or so before she arrived I was running around trying to find something for them to wear. I never managed to get my own hair done or anything! But somehow Tanya still managed to get some great pictures. She's amazing. I highly recommend her!
That evening we ended up having a surprise rescheduled final baseball game, so we rushed off to that.
A peaceful morning walk. This is the bird we had been seeing regularly.
Storytime at the library. Craft time!
Look at the big boy doing the slide finally at Bob Meyer park!
Back quite a few days prior I had put a call into the neurologist after a particularly difficult night with Jason. He had woken up, complaining that his head and eyes hurt. It's not that uncommon for him, but unusual for it to wake him up and keep him up. Due to the Chiari I decided that I should at least find out if there is anything special I should do to treat the headaches, if anything. I also wanted to know, since it would be a few week until we saw the neurosurgeon, if there were any precautions that needed to be taken. Well, apparently the neurologist did not get this message until he was in on Thursday and he called and left me a message saying essentially that if he's having headaches that are waking him up than he needed to see neurosurgery now. He said that I'd need to call him back but most likely would need to head to the ER. Of course I was busy outside filling up the water table with Jason and didn't hear his call, so the nurse called back maybe 20 minutes later, which I answered (hadn't even realized at that point that the neurologist had ever called me). Despite the fact that Jason was having no "symptoms" at the time, they advised me to head to the ER at CHOP and they'd notify the neurosurgeon that we were on our way. My dad quick came home from work and myself and my parents head to CHOP ER with Jason. It seemed absolutely ridiculous bringing a seemingly fine child there, but we were just following orders. Of course we waited FOREVER, but they ultimately told us that he was not showing any symptoms (duh) and we would have to wait until our neurosurgery appointment for further information. Apparently the biggest concern was whether he was showing signs of water building on the brain and, due to his "condition", no one wanted to make that call without the approval of the neurosurgeon, hence why we got sent there. So he was absolutely fine. We did gain some information though...the condition was "Chiari Malformation, type 1" and he did not have any restrictions at this time. So I guess it was worth the trip.
Lazy Friday night...
true cross spring 2017 band concert
5 months ago