Friday, June 24, 2011

my birthday and mother's day weekend

Tyler's hermit crab finally came out of it's shell, and oddly enough, Tyler was brave enough to hold it. Seriously I often think the thing is dead, but it's just incredibly inactive. Crazy thing.


Had a cold little playground trip one afternoon.

On Friday Jason had his school OT evaluation. I wasn't sure if they would allow me to accompany him, but they did. He did well, but I think his delays were obvious. Especially sensory issues. He absolutely freaked out when she tried to see his balance and such. I didn't ask but I got the impression he'd qualify for services. I guess we shall see.

Saturday, my birthday morning, was spent unloading/delivering boyscouts flowers. I had agreed to help Jeanne with organizing this year's flower sale, and of course bright and early on my birthday morning was the scheduled delivery. Due to the fact that my brother was graduating that morning, my parents were unavailable to watch the boys. So the boys came along, Jason in his PJ's. Don't think anyone minded.

Meanwhile, my parents were attending my brother Jim's graduation from Stockton. Congratulations Jim!

By my birthday afternoon I was feeling really crappy (my Crohn's had been acting up with a lot of pain and fatigue). We did go to Bob Meyer for a picnic, but honestly I barely remember most of the day. Got gifts from the boys (meaning, my parents gave them to them to give to me) and just hung out.





That evening, after the boys were in bed, I went to Bob's house for a bit. We were supposed to go out to eat but I wasn't feeling up for it. I did get treated to a yummy frozen Strawberry Shortcake Daiquiris-like thing. And some hot tub time!

On Mother's Day we went to Jim and Cara's house to celebrate Jim's graduation, my birthday, and of course Mother's Day. We had a nice BBQ with everyone, including my grandparents and Bob. The meal was complete with a melted ice cream cake that Jim had put in the refrigerator instead of the freezer!





After Jim and Cara's get-together Bob went to visit his mom and then the boys and myself went to visit Al's mom to celebrate a quick Mother's Day. I got cupcakes for my birthday in addition to a card and gift-card.


Back home for bedtime!

No comments: