Sunday, January 18, 2009

would it be evil

if I admitted that I almost hope that Jason has a cold.

For the past 2 days he's been horrible. Barely napping, eating 'round the clock but often not a full feeding, often screaming, and sleeping horribly at night. He's all congested again and is coughing.

So why do I hope that he's sick? Because these were very similar symptoms to those that he experienced with his dairy allergy. I shudder to think how I will cope if I find out he's developed another allergy to something else? Is that even possible to develop a new allergy now? Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. I've done very good with my non-dairy lifestyle (as horribly boring and unfair as it is) and I'm just not sure I can add another group of foods (or should I say subtract another group of foods) from the list. Not to mention that I'm not even sure where I'd start to figure out what it is that is bothering him. I fear that it would be the end of nursing, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, except that he won't take a bottle to begin with!

So, for my sake (and Jason's sake), please, have this just be a cold. A very short-lived and non-pediatrician-visit-needed cold. Thank you.

No comments: