Saturday, January 31, 2009

regrouping

First off, I'd like to apologize for you having to witness my temper tantrum this morning. I tend to get a tad bit over dramatic when I'm over-tired and stressed...

Lots of little things have been adding up around here that have contributed to my bad mood. Want a brief sampling?

Obviously there is the lack of sleep and constant back ache from holding the babe.

There is my inability to eat anything that appeals to me (and since I'm being honest, I tend to self-medicate with food, especially when I'm stressed).

There is the house that is getting messier and messier by the day, and sadly, clutter and mess stress me out.

There is the overwhelming pile of mail that has only increased since coming back from NJ, which wouldn't be so stressful if it weren't for the fact that I know there are some pressing matters to deal with within that pile. I kid you not, the pile is more than a foot high. Well, actually it's now 2 piles since the original foot+ pile started to topple. LOL.

Obviously all of Jason's medical issues.

And Tyler had a dentist appointment on Wednesday, and the poor kid has a cavity. He acquired my cavity-destined teeth. The dentist said it would be nearly impossible to keep him from getting more cavities, based on how his teeth are shaped. Fun, fun.

Al called and it's highly unlikely that he'll be coming home when originally scheduled.

And last, but certainly not least, there is my mom. She had her appointment on Tuesday and she'll be having surgery on February 17th. They'll be removing 2cm in each direction of the mole, which will then require a skin graft. They will also be testing lymph nodes and will hopefully determine that they don't need to do anything more. Of course only time will tell, but we're obviously hoping for the best. At the very least she'll be in pain and will require about 2 weeks off of work (she's still currently out anyway due to her knee). Please continue to keep her in your prayers.

BUT...

The baby and I napped this morning (which explains why I'm wide awake at 1:20am), and that put things in a better light.

He napped this afternoon.

I was able to get some cleaning done.

And he got a cute new cloth diaper in the mail (feel no need to tell me how ridiculous I sound..I am well aware).

Tyler and I were able to eat all our meals together.

And I got to take a walk and got the boys to the playground. I also determined that Jason doesn't despise his stroller, just if I put the baby carrier (carseat) in the stroller. Good to know.


Now if I could just get Jason to stay asleep (no lie, I've been in to "nurse" him 10+ times since he went to "bed" at around 7:45) I'd be much happier. Off to spend some quality time with him, as he's awake yet again.

1 comment:

Working Mama said...

I am glad things turned around a little today for you. Sleep and a bit of peace can do wonders for your sanity, can't they? I am sorry to hear about your Mom - I have not been on blogs or the BAM site in a while & didn't know she was going through this in addition. It must be really hard to be so far away and to not be able to help. On a side note, Jason is ADORABLE. Oh my , those cheeks...I just want to squish & pinch those! He is a cutie. And you are not a bad photographer - we are just all so overly critical of ourselves. Believe me. I think there are some great pictures of the two boys together on the grass. 2 kids is just a big ticket to photograph..especially at the ages they are! Hang in there!