Wednesday, January 7, 2009

this is not working for me

As you may recall I had talked about how much better Jason was doing when we were at home. He was napping regularly, either in my bed or his swing (or very occasionally his car seat or the front pack). At nights he'd still need to be nursed to sleep, but during the day he had gotten much more adaptable.

Fast forward to NJ and he has decided that he hates the swing here and will not, under any circumstances, sleep in it. He had been doing well napping still (after the initial adjustment period), but has recently decided that he will not nap unless I'm right there nursing him...the whole time.

Let me tell you, this is not working for me.

I've tried rocking him, I've tried letting him fall asleep in the front pack and then transferring him, I've tried the car, I've tried the bouncy seat, I've tried patting his butt while he lies in bed...you name it, I've tried it.

Let me state again, this is NOT working for me. I don't have the ability to just lie in bed and nurse him all day and night long. Any suggestions for me?????

5 comments:

Audrey Griffis said...

have you tried a pacifier? now that your milk is established it may help keep him clam/asleep longer- we had to try a few different ones to help corinne but it wroked for her- she would over eat just for the comfort of sucking then i'd get a milk shower- ick anyway good luck your doing great!!!

jamielblev said...

I 2nd the binky idea.

Heather said...

We've tried since birth (literally) 3 different brands. Will probably be trying a few more. Ugh.

Jen said...

I wish I had sound advice, but I don't!!! Seth--fantastic sleeper...Sera...another story. When she was just a few weeks old she was staying awake for HOURS...

Homemade Happenings said...

Wish I could help, but unfortunately I am currently dealing with the same issues! If you think of any new ideas - let me know!