Sunday, January 11, 2009

pinecone bowling

Yesterday we were supposed to get some decent snow, with accumulation. I was so excited, as was Tyler. Well, the "winter blast" they had predicted was a "winter bust". Or as I said to my mom, "winter blast, my ass"!

Anyway, as moms typically do, I had to make the best of the situation. Once I got Jason down for a nap Tyler and I bundled up and set out on an outdoor "date".

We tried to go "ice skating" on the large puddle across the street, but it wasn't frozen enough to hold us. So we took a walk to the beach. We found the lake with a thin layer of ice and discovered that you could go "pinecone bowling" by tossing the pinecones across the ice. Tyler was thrilled, and the day was saved.



Upon our arrival at home we had to warm up with the obligatory hot chocolate. And I must say, hot chocolate made with rice milk ain't too bad.

2 comments:

Mommyof2boys said...

Well now that looks like fun !!
I let Ashton try hot chocolate for the first time a few weeks ago,and he didn't like it :( I was hoping he did.

Glad you both had fun bowling :)

Karlise said...

Look at the rosy cheeks and nose! How cute! I love his Crocs Mammoth too- he was warm and comfy! Glad you guys made the best of it!