Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Won't try that again...

I can't say I'm a cook, by any means. I can follow a recipe fairly well, but I don't really ever cook anything on my own without some sort of outside suggestion (recipe, help from the internet, call to my mom, etc.). Spaghetti and grilled cheese is about all I can handle completely without reading a thing or making a call. I know, pretty sad. That being said, I do think it's important (for me anyway) to cook for my family. So I do so nearly every night. Me and cookbooks have gotten pretty friendly. And my husband has gotten better about pretending he likes my food, lol!

Last night I went out on a limb and decided to fry something. Frying isn't something that I would consider to be difficult, but I just always shy away from it. I think it's nasty. That's not to say I don't eat fried foods, 'cause believe me, I do...but I tend to save my fried food intake for dinners out. I try to cook healthy at home. So last night my trusty cookbook convinced me to fry fish. NEVER AGAIN. It tasted fairly good, but my house STILL smells like oil. It's disgusting! So, I hereby declare that I will never fry something again. Blah.

Something else that I won't be doing again is allowing myself to be optimistic about Tyler's behavior or reaction to stressful events. I swear I just set myself up for disappointment. Day 2 back at preschool was horrible. Granted he woke up at 4:45am (he wet through his diaper, despite the fact that I had put a new one on at 11:00pm before I went to bed) and refused to go back to bed so he was tired. Actually, we both were tired (and still are) but I had to listen to whining about preschool off and on since probably 6:00am. By 9:00 he was crying and saying he wasn't going, and then would calm down and proclaim what a great time he would have. Multiple personalities? Anyway, I literally brought him screaming out to my car, listened to him plead with me the whole way there, and dragged him into the classroom. Did I mention that the polls were located at his school so tons of people got to witness me dragging my screaming 3-year-old into the building. Nothing boosts your self-esteem like that! We said a QUICK goodbye and I got to listen to him scream all the way as I walked back to my car. What a way to start the day. Thankfully the teacher says, again, he calmed down within 5 minutes and was fine (which is basically what he says too) and AGAIN he says he loved it and wants to go back. Maybe someday I'll understand my child. Then again, I doubt that's possible! I don't really understand myself sometimes! LOL!

1 comment:

Karlise said...

Dh hates when I fry stuff- especially fish. Mmm it tastes so good though. LOL Thankfully, it's not something I've wanted at all this pregnancy....and I love seafood!