Tuesday, January 15, 2008

In a funk...

So I totally intended not to blog tonight, but as I lie awake again (my husband fell asleep a while ago...this tends to happen with his current work schedule) I felt myself drawn to the computer. Not really for any particular reason, 'cause I can be pretty sure there will be nothing interesting to happen upon at 10:54 pm.

I'll come out and say it. I'm in a funk. And I don't know how to get out. All my usual attempts at getting myself out of a funk have failed. I have drastically stepped up the exercise, tried desperately to get the recommended amount of sleep, increased my water intake, attempted to make healthier food choices, gotten myself on a regular schedule of activities, indulged in some of my hobbies that I rarely do (scrapbooking and reading), did fun things with my extended family, spent more quality time with Tyler and my husband....and NOTHING. Can't just seem to crack it this time.

So, if you have any wisdom to share with me, please do. I'm at a loss. My husband's suggestion of handing me a newborn and shipping me back to NJ just isn't in the cards and I know I just have to work with what I've got. Just having a tough time despite all I am doing. I can put on the act, but I just can't pull it together inside. Happy pills anyone?

4 comments:

Karlise said...

I'm sorry Heather. I don't have any words of advice but to hang in there. It may sound really stupid, but would a vitamin help? Yeah, just writing that sounds dumb. LOL Have you talked to anyone like your family Dr? Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

It's called ennui! Well, that's what I like to call it anyway. It will pass, but it's hard to wade through when you're in the thick of it. Sounds like you're doing all the right things. A night out with the girls would definitely do you some good! (hint hint!) Seems to be something us northern girls are prone to. Maybe it's the cold weather doing it to you? And the baby issue... well. I can sympathize for sure. I hope things fall into place for you soon.

Melodie said...

I agree with Julie about the ennui. It is very common in the winter months. Also, going to see your family doctor, like Karlise suggested, is a good idea, too. They can test your blood to see if you need more vitamins or iron. Or you could get on some "happy pills" for a short time to help you get through this funk.
I hope you feel better soon.

Scarlett said...

My last big "funk" resulted in us moving to WV for a year. It's probably a combination of things - you're under a lot of stress right now. Hope you come out of it soon. I know it's hard when you're in the middle of it.