Friday, January 18, 2008

SuperTarget Rocks!

Yes, I'm boring. I get excited about store openings. I will admit that I was there the day the Walmart SuperCenter opened down the street. My girlfriend calls to tell me she went to a movie premier in Hollywood, and I come back with the opening of the Walmart SuperCenter....but such is the life of a stay-at-home-mom. I'm not complaining though....or am I???

Anyway, SuperTarget apparently opened in October sometime, which I vaguely remember hearing about before-hand, but I was in NJ from September through November so I guess I missed the hoopla. Well, I was asking my neighbor about good places to find organic foods at decent prices and she says SuperTarget. I say, umm, where the heck is that? Uh, apparently it's been living like 10 minutes from my house and I've been living with the lack of this knowledge. Shocking. So I decide to head there today (Thursday..I write late at night). It was blissful. Tyler and I shared lunch in a clean little food area, which had organic options (quite cool). Then we visited the bathroom (we visit ALL bathrooms) which was CLEAN! And they even had one of those "family" restrooms, which I must say is one of the greatest inventions of all time. Then on to the store. What can I say about a store that allows you to get a good selection of windshield washer blades AND chicken breasts? Pretty cool, huh? So, I enjoyed my day perusing Target. The prices are slightly higher than Walmart, which I expected, but some stuff was even less and the selection on many of the food items was far superior. I'll be back for sure!

As a side note, I did get my pictures of the paintball damage. It appears that their attempt to remove the paint was not successful anyway, so tomorrow I'm gonna have to see if I have a chance to really try to wash it off. Hopefully there will not be any true damage. The officer claims that the paint should wash off, but it's still there as of now.

And to my faithful readers who are fellow blog challenge competitors. Yes, I realize this is written at around 12:30AM. I could be deceitful and write this up now and post this later tomorrow morning and no one would know, but I will post it now when it was written and hope that it will be good enough. Tomorrow (or today, depending how you look at it) I am babysitting my neighbor's little boy for 5 hours...the one I wrote about before that requires you hold him non-stop, AND he's never napped anywhere other than beside his mother...could be interesting. After that I'm picking my mom up at the airport, so I'm not sure if/when I'll be writing again. I will be sure to post again if I'm able. Hopefully you'll see more of me, but we've got Disney plans for the weekend, amongst other things.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

2 comments:

Karlise said...

As far as I'm concerned, your post says Friday so it's a Friday blog. It doesn't matter that your content happened on Thursday.

I love SuperTarget. Ian and I may be headed up there today. Any good bargains to share??

Melodie said...

I can't believe you didn't know about the Super Target! I know that several of us in BAMs have mentioned it before.