Friday, January 4, 2008

Pee, Poop, and Walmart

This is what my life has been reduced to.....

Well, if the pee and poop headline didn't clue you in, yes, we are still working on the dreaded potty-training issue. I am happy to report though, with the exception of one very minor accident, Tyler went all day without diapers (minus nap and bed of course). He had about 20+ trips to the bathroom (I lost count) and most of the time was successful. How the child pees this much is beyond me, but hey, whatever works is fine with me! So, because we are making endless trips to the bathroom, that doesn't leave much time for anything else in my day. I'd have to say the absolute highlight was when Tyler literally pulled down his pants in our driveway to show our 7 and 12-year-old neighbors (both girls) his "big boy underwear". Luckily they are both big sisters and realized that this was just his way of showing off and they gave him the praise he was looking for, meanwhile I tried my darnedest not to crack up laughing.

You might wonder where Walmart fits in. Well, this is what I have done the past TWO nights after Tyler has gone to bed. Why?
A) We're only 36 hours into potty-training and I'm not about to bring him to Walmart to possibly attempt their nasty public bathrooms. Yet, because we need food and other assorted items, I must shop. Why not send Al? Because we need more things than Hershey bars and automotive fluid.
B) Tyler pees literally 15+ times a day, so we go through a lot of "prizes". When I initially set up the prize bag, I had assumed maybe he'd have one successful trip to the potty and earn a prize. I was not ready for what he had in store for me. I'm not about to change things up now being that it's working (I'll reduce and eventually eliminate his prizes later), so I need to restock on small ridiculous items to encourage him. Oh, and restock on Clorox wipes. This child has aim issues.
C) Tyler still thinks (and suggests) I can just buy him new diapers at Walmart. Hence, I'm avoiding him seeing Walmart at all costs. I'm not interested in carrying out a screaming child from the store as he begs for pull-ups. No thanks.

Yes, my life is just this boring.

I will end with a bit of comic relief provided from my husband. Our conversation went something like this:
Me: Hun, are you using all these glasses on the counter?
Al: No, why?
Me: Because you could possibly put them in the sink if you are done with them. Or even, better yet, the dishwasher.
Al: But did you notice I emptied the dishwasher today?
Me: Yes, did you want a sticker or something?
Al: (laughing) Maybe you could do a sticker chart for me like you do for Tyler.
Me: Brilliant, my husband is on the same program that our 3-year-old is on. What are you gonna save your stickers for?
Al: (silence....then a glimmer across his face)
Me: You can NOT have a sticker chart to earn sex.
Al: Why not?

MEN!!!!!!

4 comments:

Karlise said...

LMBO @ Al!!! Love the conversation!

WTG Tyler! He's doing great!

Stacy said...

That conversation with Al is something my dh would say too!!!
LMBO too

Melodie said...

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! So funny!

Scarlett said...

I'm LMAO about the stickers for sex!!! Maybe I should set up a chart for Q - at least I could get him to help me out around the house! LOL!