Wednesday, January 9, 2008

My Guilty Confession

No, this has nothing to do with the cheetos and gummy bears I had after dinner last night. Although my food choices could be the source of an entire blog in itself.

My confession is my scrapbooking addiction. I love to work on my scrapbook, except now it has gotten so far behind that i find it overwhelming to even start up again. I have this unusual habit of needing to scrapbook everything in order. Most people have themed albums (vacations, baby's first year, etc) and while I love them for other people, my odd perfectionistic (apparently this isn't a real word, but I'm using it anyway) self needs everything to be in chronological order. So that sometimes means that a layout of a night spent out with the girls sits side-by-side a layout of the first time Tyler tried cereal, kwim? Not necessarily good. BUT, it's the way I started it, and darn it, I want to finish. Problem is, I'm over 1.5 years behind!

My wonderful present from my hubby, my Cricut, sits unopened in our spare bedroom/office amongst all my other "necessary" supplies. He's beginning to think I didn't want the gift, which is FAR from the truth. Unfortunately (for me) I can't allow myself "me time" to work on my hobby unless the house is in order and things are fairly clean. This means I rarely break out my supplies. So, unhealthy or not, tonight I scrapbook. Screw the laundry!


2 comments:

Kandee said...

Oh my gosh...I laughed because I'm the same way. I can't cook until the whole house is picked up and kitchen is clean, for example. Hobbies? What hobbies? I do good to read a chapter in a book once in a while when it's ME time. I miss "me" time. Maybe I should follow your lead...screw the laundry.

Scarlett said...

laundry can wait a day or two... get that ME time, girls! I know, I don't really make time for it either, but I'm a good cheerleader! I think I'll go set up a MNO for us!