Friday, January 11, 2008

Baby Fever

Tonight my neighbor needed me to watch her 1-year-old so she could go to a meeting. He was supposed to be asleep when I got there (8:00) and would be asleep the whole time (until 10:30). Well, he had other plans and was awake and SCREAMING when I got there. She was so worried that he'd scream for me the whole time and felt horrible. I must say, I wasn't thrilled when I got there and he was screaming, but every time I held him he'd stop. There is no greater feeling in the world than to know that someone needs you and you can fix everything by just being there. So I held and rocked a baby for 2.5 hours, and although she feels incredibly guilty that I had to do that, I feel incredibly blessed. I just hope to be able to do that with another one of my own sometime soon.

No comments: