Monday, January 21, 2008

me and my conscience

When I decided to take on this blog challenge I figured it would be a good way to
a) get competitive
b) get things off my chest
c) document things for my future knowledge (like in 5 years when I get to scrapbook this part of my life...lol).

Well, "blogging" has now taken on a whole new meaning and it's something I enjoy. I guess it's somewhat therapeutic like a journal would be. So, it seems a little odd to be dishonest in it's information, right? I've shuffled this over in my head a few times, and it would seem altogether wrong to not mention something that has been on my mind every minute of this day.

So, without further ado...

This morning I got a positive pregnancy test!

I'm still incredibly cautious, as my period isn't even due for a few more days, but at this point there is no denying it. In fact I even took a test yesterday morning and thought I saw the slightest of lines. But, being that I've probably looked at 20 tests in the last 2 years or so, I thought it was entirely possible I was just imagining things, especially since Al said there was NOT a second line. After examining it approximately 137,264 times, I still wasn't sure. In the back of my mind though, I think I almost expected today's test to be positive, so I guess I really did know yesterday.

In case anyone is curious, I did consider NOT telling people until I was hopefully a little further along, but I've come to the conclusion that (for me) there is no reason to keep anything. Like I've said, I have trouble being dishonest (even if it's just by omission). On top of that, I figure people somewhat deserve to know what I'm going through, whether it be good or bad. I will likely need some emotional support by friends and family, regardless of the path this takes. However, we will NOT be telling Tyler at this point.

And, for my completely insane and unrelated journaling purposes, today we (my mom, Al, Tyler, and I) went to see the manatees. Tyler and I had just been, but my Al and my mom had never seen them. They were so cute, and one was even rolling over and playing on his back (that is what is seen in the picture, if you can't tell)! It was windy, but a beautiful day. Afterwards we went and had a nice lunch at Applebee's. We laid Tyler down for his nap and Al left to take my mom to the airport, so she's back home now. She will be missed, of course! But she's already planning her next trip here, or plotting a way to get me there!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Well that's kind of weird after your post the other day. Congratulations of course and I hope everything goes well with this pregnancy. I've added you to my prayer list just in case!

Melodie said...

Congratulations, Heather! I'll be praying for you to have an uneventful pregnancy, and maybe a little sister for Tyler. ;)

Scarlett said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! I have been thinking about you since your post the other day and I prayed for you that night. Wow. Such great news! I will continue to pray for your healthy pregnancy!!! Hope I am next!

jennifer said...

YEA!!!! Heather I am so happy for you and Al. I'll be praying for a healthy and stress free pregnancy.

Stacy said...

Congrats on the news!!! I was thinking about you too, after that other post.
As for the manatees, we were there yesterday about 11-11:30 and went to lunch afterwards. Too bad we missed you.

Heather said...

Stacy, we were at lunch by 11:15, so I think we were out of TECO before you got there. They were so cute yesterday!

Kandee said...

Congratulations Heather, I pray everything progresses smoothly for you.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Heather!

Andrea said...

Oh yay Heather!!!! Congratulations! I pray that all goes well for you. :)