Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Get a freakin' hobby

People need better things to do with their life. Seriously. Perhaps take on a hobby, or better yet, get a job!

Today I went outside to take Tyler to a play date at the library and playground with a friend. I notice some glass in the backseat, and come to realize that the whole driver's side window is smashed in. Me, being naive, thought maybe something flew through the window during the storm last night. However, I'm thinking a broken tree branch didn't steal my GPS. Yep, someone pried in our door, broke the window, and stole the GPS. Grrrr.

I called the police, who came out to take a report. This particular officer had taken SIX reports of similar brake-ins in our neighborhood, and apparently there are upwards of 12 reports being taken by other officers. Lovely. I can't help but wonder if this is not related to the paintball incident I discussed in a previous blog, being that paintball neighbor's car was untouched but our car and the car next door to them were broken in. I mentioned the incident to the officer, who seemed completely unimpressed with my detective skills, LOL.

So, meanwhile Tyler is VERY disappointed in me for not taking him on our play date. He doesn't seem to care that the car was broken into, although he seems perplexed that the "very rude people" would "hurt mommy's car". I don't really have a choice but to stay home because of course Al is gone and this is our only vehicle for now. I have to sit home and wait to see when they show back up to do fingerprinting, which may or may not even be possible anyway. In the meantime I'm not supposed to touch it. I also have to try to figure out whether I should submit this to insurance or just pay to have it fixed (and our GPS replaced) ourselves. It would be nice if I could at least TALK to Al while he was gone. Do I need this stress?

As an interesting side note, apparently my collection of Backyardigan's and Wiggles CD's was not appealing, as it was obvious they went through my collection and chose not to take anything. What I find most shocking is that they passed by my RENT double-disk CD. These people seriously must not have any class. LOL!

2 comments:

AmySue73 said...

That really sucks Heather. Sorry to hear about your car and your GPS. As an aside, congrats on your positive PT. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Heather said...

Thanks Amy!