Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The end of an era

I must come to accept it. Tyler's days in overalls are over. I knew the day would come, but I wanted to avoid it. He just used to look so darn cute in them when he was little, and because he's short for his age I probably let it go on a little too long. I wasn't ready for my baby to grow up. But today, for the first time in at least 6 months, he wore a pair. I guess I secretly had realized it was time to be done with them, as I obviously hadn't picked them to wear in quite a while, but today Tyler decided he just had to wear them. As I watched him on the playground, I realized it was time. And when we went to take a bathroom trip (which, by the way, is much more difficult in overalls) and I noticed the "Old Navy BABY" patch on them, I decided today was the last day. My "baby" isn't a baby anymore. So, into storage they go. Boohoo

Does this count as an over-emotional pregnancy symptom? The very fact that I'm upset over overalls is NOT a good sign. Good thing Al isn't home for this, as he surely would have to tease me. He left early this morning to evaluate a training mission and won't be home until Saturday. He's probably VERY lucky his cell phone likely won't have service, because I'll likely also cry while watching The Biggest Loser again tonight, LOL! Ah, hormones, aren't they great?

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Keep having those hormone cries and emotional times Heather. It means baby #2 is "sticking" around and growing. Yea baby....sorry mommy!!

Kandee said...

Hormones are good, even when you think they aren't. I have an emotional attachment to my kid's clothes too, so you are not alone. Hang in there.