Monday, January 7, 2008

Monkeying Around

Today we spend a wonderful day at the Lowry Park Zoo with our playgroup. We also brought along our next-door neighbor, who is also one of Tyler's friends. The weather was beautiful, the zoo wasn't too crowded, and great time was had by everyone. And I was more than happy to be out of the confines of potty-training hell.

Which brings me to my next topic. Yes, you might expect that this is where I'll discuss a completely irrelevant potty story. That is where you'd be wrong. I'm going to share a very relevant potty story. LOL. Yes, today is the day we braved going out of the house in underwear. Tyler conquered a public bathroom without too much hassle (a big thank you to the mommies in our playgroup who all encouraged him and forced their own children to use the potty to set a good example for mine). In fact, he wanted to visit all the bathrooms in the zoo many times. Apparently the automatic flush is pretty interesting to a 3-year-old, as well as the "magic paper towels" (the kind with the sensor). He did have one small accident, but overall did well. I myself got in a nice workout running to and from bathrooms!

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Yay, Tyler! Let me tell you - before long, you will know where all the bathrooms are in Brandon, Riverview, Valrico, and probably even Apollo Beach, as well as a few random ones in Tampa! It's all novelty right now, but eventually it will wear off. It won't be too long before I'm going through it again too!