Friday, May 9, 2008

Ups and downs....

The past few days have been rocky for me. Some presumed that maybe I just wasn't thrilled about turning 30. In reality I don't think I could care less, I think I'm just pregnant and hormonal.

After my post on Wednesday morning, I went blueberry picking with some playgroup friends at Kandee's uncle's blueberry farm. I had a really nice time and tasted some delicious blueberries! Tyler enjoyed himself tremendously and I was really happy that we were able to go.

From there, since we were all the way out in Plant City already, I decided to swing by Parke HydroFarms to get our produce basket. Our visit there wouldn't be complete without some strawberry picking, so we are now officially berried out!

After that we came home and Tyler napped while I rested up. I had a lot of cramping and discomfort, as well as getting sick a few times. Again, yipee, happy birthday to me!

That night I wanted to go to Outback for my birthday dinner for some Aussie fries. They were quite yummy, as was my dinner. The wait staff brought out my dessert with a candle on it and serenaded me for my birthday, which Tyler thought was quite spectacular. While we were eating I asked Al if he found out if he could go into work late on Tuesday so he could attend Tyler's preschool graduation. He was clearly trying to avoid the subject, so I KNEW something was up. He finally admitted that he found out that day that they were sending him AGAIN to Oregon. He will leave Saturday or Sunday. Not only will be miss Mother's Day, but Tyler's preschool graduation as well. I was NOT a happy camper. He will supposedly be home next Friday or Saturday in plenty enough time for our big ultrasound on Monday. If that does not happen, I apologize, but I can not be held responsible for my actions. LOL.

I did get a fun present that night. A Xyron 900. It's a fun scrapbooking gadget. Al has discovered that scrapbooking has "tools" too, so he's been all over that for gifts recently.

On Thursday I went to my regular OB appointment. All is seemingly going well. According to my doctor I haven't gained back any of the weight I have lost, but according to my scale I'm only down 7lbs now. Regardless I do know I'm eating more so that's good. The baby's heartbeat is good and strong and my uterus is measuring right on track. I did mention the frequent cramping and contractions I'm getting and I was told that it's my body's sign that I'm overdoing things. I'm not sure how I could feasibly do any less than I'm doing, but I have taken it under advisement and I'm trying to rest up more when Tyler is napping, as well as increasing my fluid intake.

From there we shot across the street to our play group's Mother's Day potluck brunch. Tyler had fun playing with his friends, and I had fun eating and catching up with all the ladies.

Yesterday afternoon brought the same type of reaction to my pregnant body. Apparently my body thinks LIVING is too much activity. I'm not sure what to make of that.

So last night Al and I did some talking, and then after that I did some soul searching (as well as shedding a few more tears). For one, I need to stop stressing about how things AREN'T working out the way I like, and focus on what IS going well. We have a stable home for the next year. I have friends here that I care about. Al supposedly won't go away too much after this summer, and he will reportedly be here when the baby is born. So I'm goign to make the best of it that I can. Which of course means I'll have to throw myself into some sort of project. LOL. I think the first to tackle will be getting Tyler a big boy bedroom set. Hey, I've gotta do whatever I can that works!

Today our play group had a "Mom's Helping Mom's" event at Melodie's house. The ladies helped rake leaves and bag them while the kids played out back. Yes, I DID rest frequently, and instead of raking I spent a good portion of the time just watching the kids in the backyard.

Anyway, I think that about sums it up. A HUGE thank you to all of you who called, e-mailed, and sent birthday cards my way. I really appreciate it!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Thanks for coming over today, Heather! I hope we didn't work you too hard.
Whenever you need a break, you are more than welcome to bring Tyler over here. He and Katie can either play in the yard or play tea party in Katie's room. Katie really likes playing with Tyler.