Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to....

Let's see, Tyler was up at least 4 times between when I FINALLY fell asleep at 1:00 until Al woke me up at 5:20 to wish me a happy birthday (yes, sweet, but I really could have waited until AFTER work). Then Tyler woke up claiming he was sick. I didn't have it in me to argue, and gave him chewable Tylenol and TRIED to go back to bed, listening to Al try to get ready for work and Tyler toss and turn in bed until he finally got up at 7:00ish. Since then he's been whiny and annoying. I feel like crap from no sleep so I was trying to get him to play in my room while I rested, and instead he took it upon himself to open up his cup and pour it on top of me and the bed (sorta accidentally, but annoying nonetheless). So, soaking wet, I get up. I go to check my e-mail. Got an e-mail from Al. Again his date for leaving this stupid base has been changed. I know I'm just hormonal, but everytime I even think about this anymore I start crying and cramping. I normally am pretty strong, but I just can't handle the stress of this. 99.9% of me just wants to leave and move back home with my parents with some stability for Tyler and some HELP for me. Selfish, I know. But now they're back to him staying here a full year longer, so I freakin' have to put up with it because I can't rightfully justify leaving my husband for a full year.

Yipee, happy birthday to me.

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

This too shall pass - Happy Birthday! I can understand how sucky this all feels - you are entitled to fuss & complain....you're pregnant! LOL. I hope you can find some calm today and a little happy birthday fun!!!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday..Try to push the stress aside (which is easier said than done) and enjoy the day...

I do not know or can understand the stress that spouses have (at times) living a military life. It must be very frustrating and no matter how proud you are of your husband and what he is doing, stressful for you and Tyler and with a new baby coming, adding one more person that needs to be considered in all the "where to live" "where are we going next" questions. Hopefully you will receive some concrete information...information you can bank on...

Try and enjoy your day!

Melodie said...

Happy Birthday, Heather! Hopefully, Al has something special planned for you tonight to make up for the crappy day you are having.

Hill said...

What a bummer! Another year? Well, like you said, focusing on the positive is the best thing to do. Maybe it will give you more time to find that perfect house in NC?