Friday, May 2, 2008

Some questions answered....

1) Nope, I don't know when we are moving yet. Believe me, it frustrates me far more than it frustrates any of you! As of now, essentially the 2 bases (the current one in FL and the future one in NC) are fighting over my dear half-blind husband. The status changes on a regular basis. All we do know for sure now is that we are supposed to eventually move to NC. And in the meantime Al will likely spend a lot of time away, although not true oversees deployments. Just enough to have me wondering WHY I'm suffering in this heat while my husband is never home.

2) Yes, I do intend to find out the sex of the baby. I have NO ability to be patient about this issue. I have to wait to see a perinatologist for my big ultrasound, just to rule out any potential heart defects, so the big day will be May 19th. Sorta frustrating considering we could tell the sex of the baby NOW, so if anyone within a driving distance of my house happens to have access to an ultrasound machine, I'll gladly come visit!

3). The surgery that Al had was called Photorefractive keratectomy, better known as PRK. It accomplishes essentially the same thing as Lasik (or so I understand) except that the military won't allow Lasik for anyone who may potentially jump out of planes and such. Al's been on the waiting list for this surgery for about 2 years, so it was pretty exciting that it finally came up. This eye surgery wasn't a new concept to him though, as he has had SIX eye surgeries prior to this in his life, all of those being muscular surgeries however. He had his follow-up appointment today and all seems to be well. We did the LONG drive home and he's moping around the house and milking the situation for all it's worth. LOL. He has another follow-up on Monday morning and he should know by then how successful the surgery truly was. We're keeping our fingers crossed that the contacts and glasses will be a thing of the past.



1 comment:

Hill said...

Okay, so I'm catching up on your blogs-- EW, eye surgery! I hope everything turns out okay, but EW!

I will anxiously be awaiting your call on the 19th (I BETTER GET A PHONE CALL, or at least an e-mail). Eric is actually going in that day for a scope of his stomach-- the doc thinks he has an ulcer. Lord knows it was probably ME who caused THAT. So, what I'm trying to say is that fun baby news will definitely be a PLUS to an otherwise stressful day!

I'm loving all the pictures-- especially the one of Tyler touching your belly!