Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hats off to the graduate

Today Tyler "graduated" preschool. Granted he still has a whole year left of preschool before attending kindergarten, but hey, a milestone is a milestone!

We got there and Tyler wanted nothing to do with the cap and gown. Apparently gowns frighten him. God forbid he wear anything that resembles the "cape" that you wear when getting your hair cut. But, after a little coaxing, and he did it! I was not however successful in convincing him to wear his tassel. Apparently it's way more exciting to spin it around and twirl it.

He did better than I expected, although he did try to run to me (like quite a few other kids) during the marching portions. I think he was just confused as to what he was supposed to do. They sang a few songs. Well, Tyler twirled his tassel instead. He chimed along a bit on the ABCs and Where is Thumbkin. Then they got their diplomas, which Tyler was overjoyed about because they also got a "present" (a graduation cup with some goodies). Afterwards we had some refreshments. All in all, it was a cute little event, although I don't think Tyler gets the finality of it all. He keeps saying "but I want to go back to preschool on Monday". LOL.

By the way, aren't the little caps and gowns so stinkin' cute???!!!!





8 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations to Tyler! That cap and gown are is too cute!!!

Debbie said...

Whoohoo! Congrats! Can you believe that he has had his first graduation....

I love the caps and gowns...

Working Mama said...

He is too cute - but I think that kid could put a paper bag on & be so stinkin' cute! I didn't realize they did preschool graduations! Well congrats to both of you!

Scarlett said...

I love it - Tyler is too cute. And the group picture is great - with all their caps this way and that on their heads - adorable!

Karen said...

Adorable! Love the cap and gown.

Hill said...

Holy crap-- the cap and gown... I am rolling on the floor, it is so cute! That is just awesome-- and to think he didn't even WANT to go to begin with. Now he's a big graduate! How cool!

Anonymous said...

Oh my!! He is too cute for words. One of many cap and gown ceremonies in his life! I love the pic of the two of you together.

Melodie said...

Seriously, Heather, put that kid to work and make some money. He's too cute. And I totally agree with what Andrea said about the paper bag.