Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend!!!

I must say, I had a wonderful weekend! First off, the weather was gorgeous, and I got to spend time with my family. What more could I want?

Al flew in late Friday night (too late for Tyler to stay up). Tyler woke up to find his daddy in bed, and promptly greeted him with "Good morning Daddy. Can I smell your piggy toes?". LOL. After a brief snuggle time, we actually let Al sleep in (he's been working insanely long hours) and my mom and Tyler and I went to some garage sales. I scored some good deals for baby boy (2 brand new swaddle wraps for $2 each, 1 brand new ultimate crib sheet for $2, and a few little outfits I couldn't pass up).

Later in the afternoon we went over my grandparents house for a little get-together. My aunt and uncle (and their kids) drove down from New York to visit, so we decided to all spend some time together. I got to eat Riviera pizza (yummmmmm), catch up with family, and Tyler got to run around like crazy with my cousins Lauren, Abigail, and David. He had a wonderful time and kept asking when he'd see them again (not likely anytime soon).

On Sunday the three of us went out for brunch at Al and Tyler's favorite place, Denny's. Admittedly we were partially motivated just to hear Tyler order his famous "panPakes and wiFFed cream". Afterwards we drove to the shore to visit with Al's mom and extended family. His aunt and uncle have a little house/trailer in a rental summer community. Not only did he get to see his aunt and uncle for the first time in about 3.5 years, but 4 of his cousins were there as well (with some spouses and kids) and of course his mom was there. We were a little worried, because Tyler apparently felt no need to nap during the 1.5 hour drive, but he was sooooo good. It was a very relaxing time, complete with a barbeque, trip to the lake for catching tadpoles (or "taGpoles", as Tyler calls them) and a ride on the golf cart. Tyler also learned how to play "washers", which apparently was a big hit. A great time was had by all.
Today we all drove to Atlantic City (the three of us, plus my parents, my brother Jim, and his fiance Kristin). We ate at the French Quarter buffet and then my dad pushed Tyler on the boardwalk while he napped while the rest of us did some gambling. Then we had some time on the pier. Tyler even tried 2 new rides, the airplane and the firetruck.
Tonight we had to say goodbye to Al. Tyler was not happy about this at all. He wants him to stay, which is understandable, but he has also decided that we should just stay in NJ and Daddy could come back and visit when he's done working in AZ. He is not ready to leave in 15 days (we booked our flight for June 10th). He thinks we should stay "80 40 days" (which we THINK means 84 days, lol).
My dad and I drove Al to the aiport, since it was nearing Tyler's bedtime. Tyler got to spend some extra 1 on 1 time with his mom-mom, so Tyler rode his bike to the playground at the lake. What a great end to a great weekend!

3 comments:

Melodie said...

Looks like you had a great weekend with Al.

Did you get your hair cut? It looks shorter to me.

Debbie said...

What a great weekend....Al's probably right...I know you miss people you are close to in Florida, but to be there with your childhood friends and your family is a double bonus....And here I go again, near the Jersey Shore....Even living in Florida, nothing beats the shore...I actually plan on taking a vacation in a couple of years and bringing the girls....

Working Mama said...

I can see why it's so hard to leave there. Looks very happy, loving & like "home"! Enjoy your time there! What great memories you are making for Tyler! This will probably be his last big visit up there before being a big brother so how great to get all the attention now!