Wednesday, May 28, 2008

In need of a laugh?

I urge you to check out "Farmer Wants a Wife" on the CW network. I came across this tonight, accidentally, and I must say, it was entertaining.

First, and I may be WAY off base here, but the basis of the show is flawed. How many city girls have the dream of marrying a guy who drives a beat up pick-up truck and shovels manure? I am well aware that we can't always help who we fall in love with (believe me, being a Navy wife wasn't a goal of mine) but these women signed up to compete for the life of a farmer's wife. Hmmm????? I know that there are plenty of city girls who would gladly give it all up for a simpler life, but from my impressions of the "contestants" I'm not sure they fit in this category. I can assure you that their wardrobes have a long way to go, as well as their attitudes. Needless to say, I was amused. My dad, however, felt the need to go to bed mid-episode. How could he possibly sleep not knowing which girl's dreams were shattered forever when she was sent off the farm and back to the city.

1 comment:

Hill said...

I stumbled across that the other night as well, and was like, "What the hell is this?" I can't talk though-- I watch "The Bachelorette".