Friday, May 16, 2008

Ah, the fun just never ends....

So I was busy trying to book my (and Tyler's) flight back to Tampa and had decided to stay an extra week. Well, the flights were really high (because it would be right around Memorial Day weekend) so I decided to stay until the 30th. Well, then Al called this morning, and guess what? The ever-so-lovely military is sending him to AZ. He'll leave the 27th. And he's staying almost a month.

We did some quick thinking though and decided HE could come here for Memorial Day weekend, that way I can stay here longer (since me going back to FL would mean me suffering in the heat without a husband anyway). Luckily the flights weren't too expensive (I guess normal people want to GO to Florida over a holiday weekend versus COME from Florida, lol) so I get my hubby back for a 3 day weekend before he ships off.

Other than that drama, I'm attempting to enjoy my time here. Yesterday (after Tyler hadn't gone to sleep until 2:30am and then still woke up early) we spent some time at the beach/playground and then went and had lunch with my grandparents. That night I had yummy dinner and then Tyler went back to the beach/playground with my parents while I head out with my friend Jen. We went to visit Stephen, my friend Christina's fiance, so that of course was emotional and draining. We wanted to visit, as well as we were requested to help create a collage of photos that will be at the viewing. So, after a late night, today I was beat. It didn't help that I've now developed a cold and also caught the cough that Tyler is finally recovering from. I'm totally dragging, and it's been raining, which never helps the spirits. Tracy and Tyler and I did go visit Jen at one of her many jobs (waitressing) to have lunch today. Otherwise I've been lyign around on the couch (and of course, researching flights). Tomorrow is the funeral, which I guess I'm sort of in denial about, but of course it's something that has to be done. I just don't think there is much that can prepare you for that type of situation.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Try to get some more rest, Heather. I'm sure the funeral will be very draining for you.