Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The results are in......

It's a healthy baby boy!

I must say, I'm surprised. As sick as I was and as different as this pregnancy was from Tyler's, I was pretty convinced it was a girl. I tried not to get my hopes up, but I wasnt' successful. LOL. Plus, I was aching to get to buy some pink. But HE'S healthy and that's what matters. Everything is measuring on track with a due date still of October 2nd (but I'll have a repeat c-section, likely in late September).

For those of you confused by this post, no, I wasn't supposed to have my ultrasound until Monday. However I had to cancel that ultrasound with the perinatologist due to my trip to NJ (I'm going to fly out tonight to be there for Christina's funeral). My OB agreed to do an ultrasound today since the perinatologist isn't sure when they'll be able to fit me back in the schedule. So, now that I've been cleared and given a clean bill of health, I'm off to NJ. Wish me luck since the only affordable flight was with AirTran and includes a layover in GA. Did I mention that the flight isn't until AFTER Tyler's bedtime, which actually wouldn't be too bad if I had any hope that he'd sleep on the flight. He should be a load of fun once we finally land at 12:57am! LOL.

4 comments:

Hill said...

Ha! For once I'm the first to publish a comment! I am so excited that you are having a boy-- boys are just so awesome. However, that does NOT mean you need to reuse all of Tyler's stuff-- this calls for new goodies-- LOTS of new goodies from Oklahoma!

I think you need to start a poll on your blog for baby names. Jarrod's suggestion is "Johnny Utah" from "Point Break". He is such a dork.

Debbie said...

Congrats on the FANTASTIC NEWS!!!

Andrea said...

Oh Heather, I will tell you that there's nothing quite like being able to say, "My boys..." :) Brother's are wonderful. Congratulations! I hope your travels go smoothly. My thoughts are with you while in NJ. I'm sure it's not going to be easy. *internet hugs to you!*

Melodie said...

I was sure that Emily was going to be a boy because my pregnancy was so very different from when I was preggers with Sarah. Other than the pre-term labor, I had a very easy pregnancy with Sarah, but with Emily, I was very, very sick, and like you, lost weight in the beginning. I had also never experienced heart burn before I was pregnant with Emily.
Just goes to show you that the way your pregnancy goes doesn't necessarily mean anything about the sex of the baby.
Congratulations again!