Friday, February 8, 2008

A true friend

No, I'm not referring to the peanut butter itself. I'm referring to the person who sent it. Only a true friend would spend over $6.00 to send you peanut butter via priority mail!

My dear sweet friend, Hill, was apparently addicted to this peanut butter during her pregnancy with her daughter. I purchased it when she came to Florida to visit, because it would be downright mean of me to deprive a pregnant person of her one vice. Well, I became addicted as well. I'll have you know, it's not just any regular peanut butter. It's honey roast. Yummmm. Sadly enough, this peanut butter was included in those massive recalls last year, and I have yet to find it on the shelf since! I had mentioned this to my friend within the last month or so (prior to finding out I was pregnant). So, as soon as I told her I was expecting, she apparently decided she HAD to mail some to me. So yesterday I was stumped by this rather heavy, yet small, package on my doorstep. I open it up and see peanut butter, and I just had to laugh. Only Hill would do this for me! Friends like this are priceless!

And I must say, it came not a moment too soon. Today the ONLY thing I was able to stomach before dinner time was 6 saltine crackers spread with the heavenly peanut butter.

If you are reading this Hill, thank you!

5 comments:

Karlise said...

What a good friend!

Karen said...

Yes, friends like that are priceless! Yea Hill, for finding some Honey Roasted Peter Pan!

Melodie said...

That's really sweet!

jennifer said...

My publix has Peter Pan(on sale right now) but not the honey roasted. Looks good. Your friend is one of a kind.

Hill said...

Wow, I totally rock! I love that there is an official picture of the peanut butter itself on your blog-- that's awesome!