Tuesday, February 19, 2008

American Idol

Does anyone else care to admit that they watch this show? I'm such a dork, as I'm well aware, but I still find it semi embarrassing that I enjoy this show. Not ALL aspects of it, but I do watch. And Al has been watching this season with me as well. His secret is out!

Even more embarrassing than admitting I watch the show, is that fact that I WILL vote later tonight. Usually I do not vote, but then it seems sorta unfair to complain about the American voters when I choose not to be one. So as of the results on Thursday, I'll be able to complain all I want. LOL. Unlike most people who would vote for their favorite(s), I will place one (or maybe) two votes for each of my top 10 choices, only not voting for my bottom two.

In case anyone is curious, I'm NOT voting for performance number #8 (Luke Menard) and #10 (Garrett Haley). There were a few others I wasn't thrilled about, but those two I could do without ever seeing again. I feel kinda bad 'cause they didn't get as much exposure in earlier shows as the other contestants, but there were others that didn't get earlier exposure that I still found intriguing.

Yes, dork.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love American Idol and I'm not afraid to admit it, lol. I don't really care to watch the auditions though. I start watching during Hollywood week. I totally agree with your bottom 2. Here's hoping the rest of America also agreed.

Working Mama said...

Well then let the dork-fest begin! I'm in with you but i have to admit...last season was the first year I ever watched it! I had seen part of an episode by accident here or there prior but last season I watched it and was surprised how much I enjoyed it! This season Don is watching it too! We Tivo it and fast forward though - I can't deal with constant re-caps or review of every performance. I pick the same bottom 2!
Andrea

Hill said...

Damnit! I meant to watch tonight! I always MEAN to watch, and then the kids act all retarded, and by the time they're in bed, I just don't care anymore. I will try to be better, so that we have something to gossip about, seeing as we are still suffering a McDreamy/McSteamy shortage.

Melodie said...

Sorry... I gave up American Idol a couple of years ago. I can't take it anymore. The first season was good, and then the second season wasn't so bad, but it has just gone downhill from there. The winners lately (with the exception of Carrie Underwood) have done horribly after the show ended. And don't even get me started on the trainwreck that is Fantasia. Ugh. I just refuse to watch anymore.