Monday, February 4, 2008

How could I be so useless?

I had no idea someone could accomplish so little in a day! I don't think I've been this useless since the day I had my wisdom teeth pulled in 1997.

I did NOTHING this morning, unless you count pouring Tyler some cereal and helping him get ready for preschool. After dropping him off (which, by the way, was tear-free..yipee) I came home and wasted time in front of the computer, called the insurance company, and laid down and watched the cooking network. After picking him up we ate lunch, I unloaded the dishwasher and then he took a nap. He napped for 3 hours, and all I managed to do was re-load the dishwasher, check my e-mail, and nap myself! Normally I wouldn't nap, 'cause that would mean I'd be up all night, but I don't think that's the case. I can barely stay standing. I did force myself to take Tyler outside (meanwhile mostly sitting in a lawn chair) and boil some water for some pasta (to which I added zero side-dishes to complete our dinner). After forcing myself to eat (so that I wouldn't pass out) I finally started to feel a little less nauseous. I did a load of laundry and helped give Tyler a bath. Eventually Al realized I wasn't doing too well and he took over. After putting Tyler to bed I've since watched 2 re-runs of Friends. I'm contemplating eating some more, but nothing sounds good. Any ideas?

I'm happy that I THINK these are symptoms, but hopefully I can get something done tomorrow!

UPDATE: I did later recall that I played about 1/2 hour of Cooties with Tyler, so that makes me feel like I perhaps am not the worst mother in the world. LOL. I did manage to eat an apple and I took a bath (just a warm one) and am feeling slightly better. I think I'm off to bed soon!

7 comments:

Karen said...

I have no advice for nausea. Nothing I tried ever worked. I good rule of thumb is to stick with dry bland foods. Good luck.

Heather said...

So far saltines are going over okay. I don't actually get sick, but the idea of food makes me feel sick, if that makes any sense.

Kandee said...

Nothing ever worked for me with the nausea...crackers made it worse. I think nausea is good...means you have enough progesterone to make that baby stick. Oh, and don't feel guilty for doing little work all day...you need lots of rest in the first trimester.

jennifer said...

AHHHH....extreme tiredness is a wonderful sign that the baby is growing. She is taking up all you energy. YIPPEEEEE!!!!!(for baby not you) But now you have a great reason to just sleep and be lazy.

Melodie said...

During my pregnancy with Emily, she literally sucked the life out of me. I had horrible all-day sickness and I had less than zero energy for the entire pregnancy. I had to eat saltines about every five minutes to keep from vomiting.

Karlise said...

I know what you mean Heather. At the beginning, just the thought of eating made my stomach churn. Nothing sounded good! Certain smells still get to me.

Andrea said...

Hugs Heather. The only thing that ever worked for me was thinking it was good to have symptoms since that meant baby was cooking. I do hope you feel somewhat better.