Saturday, February 9, 2008

My poor baby

Yesterday Tyler woke up from his nap with some gunk in his eyes. Nothing too concerning, and his eyes weren't red, so I didn't worry too much. Within an hour and half though, I had wiped his eyes clean a few times and they were getting red and he was rubbing at them. I called his doctor, just minutes before they closed, and they couldn't prescribe something without seeing him. After he woke up 3 times before midnight last night, I knew something was wrong. He woke up with a runny nose and his eyes gunked shut. Yes, I've decided "gunked" should be a word. Anyway, I called his pediatrician as soon as they opened, because now they thankfully have limited Saturday hours, and they fit us right in. Pink eye in BOTH eyes! My poor baby!

The good news is, he should apparently be feeling better (and will no longer be contagious) in time to go back to school on Monday. Which is very important, considering the big Valentine's day party at school is on Tuesday. The doctor (who obviously MUST be a father himself) told Tyler "you need to let your mommy give you your eye drops so that you can be all better for your party". In typical Tyler fashion he responds "okay, 'cause they gonna have fruit salad and candy at the party". LOL! That's my boy!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

And knowing Tyler, he's more excited about the fruit salad than the candy, right?

Heather said...

Most likely! The boy loves fruit!