Sunday, February 24, 2008

Family time!

Oh, thank goodness for family time! My parents luckily had a snow day on Friday (they both work in schools) so they were able to head out around noon on Friday (driving from NJ), instead of waiting until practically midnight that night like they were supposed to do. Anyway, they arrived early Saturday, so we had all day with them, which was nice. Tyler was overjoyed. Unfortunately I wasn't feeling too hot (as usual) so we didn't do anything too exciting. Tyler did, of course, keep them busy with all his toys. They also brought along a child-sized guitar they had purchased for Tyler at a garage sale, so he was busy making music with my dad. And then of course there was the nearly life-sized easter bunny craft Tyler completed with my mom. We did take advantage of all being in one spot and went out to upgrade our cell phone plan and get new phones while Tyler napped. We got it all straightened out and went back to pick up the phones after dinner. Then we were off to Dairy Queen for some ice cream, which reminds me that I still have my leftover Blizzard in the freezer. Yeah.

As for today, my parents left in the morning, much to Tyler's disappointment. We kept him busy though with an early lunch at Red Lobster (my first meal out since finding out I was pregnant). We then picked out a craft at Michael's, which we worked on after he woke up from his nap. Afterwards Al took him out to play frisbee and then they head to the community pool. I got a little bit of a break before meeting them down there for a nice outdoor picnic. All in all, a nice weekend.

I will leave you with two family pictures. The first is from Monday when we went to visit my grandparents and Tyler got to help pick oranges. The other is from early this morning as Tyler played guitar with my parents just before they left.

No comments: