Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday confessions and whines

An on-line group I belong to always posts "Friday confessions". I like it. It's supposed to be a place where we admit our less-than-perfect moments in the last week. I'm no super-mommy, so I've got plenty. For me, I'm also adding a "whine" factor to it, 'cause darn it, I feel like complaining. And it's my blog. So, without further ado...

I had horrible cramping last night. So bad that I almost called the doctor. I spent the night in bed, trying not to panic. Needless to say, our night was not a picture-perfect Valentine's Day evening, if you know what I mean. Oh well, Al will just have to deal.

Anyway, I'm seemingly fine now, but since I was up most of the night with cramping, I was beyond tired. Sooooo, I essentially got Tyler his breakfast and fell back to sleep on the couch. Meanwhile (I know I shouldn't complain, 'cause it could have been far worse) he used marker to color half his face green. Really I fault myself for this though. Crappy mommy.

That wasn't the first time this week I've dozed off into la-la land while Tyler was awake.

I had no desire to babysit today. I just kept hoping and hoping he'd take a long nap. I got an hour. Not bad, but I felt guilty that I wanted it.

I feel constantly hungry, yet I can't eat. What I do eat would not be considered the ideal prenatal diet. I'm pretty sure freeze pops don't comprise most of the diet. I did have the healthy dose of cupcakes and rice krispie treats at our playdate on Wednesday. As long as red food dye is on the checklist of important nutrients, I'm set.

I threw up in my mouth this morning while I tried to brush my teeth.

Tyler was sick last weekend. I secretly was hoping he wouldn't be up to going to preschool on Monday because I couldn't fathom getting out of my PJs and taking him there.

I skipped one of Tyler's doses of eye drops. It wasn't worth the fight, and it was the last day. I'm telling myself it's not a big deal. Clearly I'm still feeling guilty though.

I already admitted that I super glued my fingers together.

My house looks like a tornado hit.

I think the TV has been on 75% of Tyler's waking hours.

I'm not sure Tyler has seen a veggie this week. Unless you count the kind in soup. Yes, on second thought, I do count that.

I ate some of Tyler's valentine's day chocolate. While he slept.

I haven't exercised all week. The most "toning" I've accomplished is the ab work I get while dry heaving. I had no idea you could work out your abs in such a fashion. The things you learn...

3 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. You are not a bad mother. When I was pregnant with Joshua, I laid in bed all most all day. Lucky for me that Shawn was in school from 7:30 to 3pm. You don't have that luxury. Hang in there it will get better. Also, when I was pregnant with Shawn, I threw up every time I brushed my teeth. With Joshua, I used a cinnamon flavored toothpaste and never threw up. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not.

Melodie said...

Don't get down on yourself! I have been tired due to my anemia for a while now, and with all of my Valentine's preparations this week, I've just been pathetically exhausted the past couple of days. You saw on my blog what happened when I took my nap, right?
This morning when Phil told me that Emily didn't feel well and was a little warm, I was more than happy to let her stay home from school so I wouldn't have to get out of bed right then.

Hill said...

I can't believe you ate some of Tyler's candy! That's hilarious that you're "confessing" that. I hate to tell you that yes, your abs and lower back will be very sore until you get used to heaving. Think of it as involuntary crunches!