Friday, April 18, 2008

travel conversations

As I mentioned, Tyler NEVER slept on the flight, despite the fact that it was PAST his bedtime and he had had a traumatic day. I personally could have fallen asleep at 8:00pm right there in the terminal, but that was not in the little man's plans. Instead he wanted to ask questions, and more questions, and questions galore.

A brief sampling of the comments/questions from Tyler:
1) "Where do people poop if they have to go potty on the airplane?"
2) "Mommy, why does that lady (flight attendant) have a lifevest on?"
3) "I think this potty is yucky. I think I'll just wait and poop in New Jersey."
4) "Can you sing Leaving on a Jet Plane, pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssse?"
5) "Where are those airplanes going? Ummm, maybe Texas. That's pretty far."
6) "Look, if we drove all the way to Texas that would take a really long time. Like maybe a hundref days."
7) "Uh oh Mommy, I don't fink this airplane is flying. Nope, it doesn't feel like it's flying." (as we were in mid-air)
8) (while staring at the emergency exit plan in the leaflet in the plane). "Mommy, I think those people in the picture are being rude. Airplanes are not toys. They are not playgrounds. They should not slide out the airplane into the water."
9) "Why does salida mean exit in spanish?"
10) "There are no air masks in the ceiling. That's just silly."

Seriously, I never got a break. It was non-stop. He was really good, so I figured questions really are MUCH better than crying/whining, but come on now. A break would have been nice. Finally I told him that I needed to rest and I wanted to see just how long he could practice being quiet. Well, his best attempt was 14 seconds. I'm not joking, I counted. I did get a nice break while he watched 20 minutes of the Teletubbies on my iPod until they announced that it was time to turn off electronic devices. On the descent he decided he was sleepy. So, he almost fell asleep in the last 5 minutes of the flight. How convenient. LOL!

1 comment:

Kandee said...

Don't you just love those questions? Sometimes I have to leave the room to laugh at the girls' questions. They are so cute.