Thursday, April 24, 2008

Good news!

For one, I am NOT driving to Florida tomorrow!!! In case I never explained, Al is currently interviewing in North Carlina (he drove there on Saturday). My dad was gonna drive Tyler and I to North Carolina tomorrow afternoon to meet up with Al. I would then spend this weekend with the three us driving back back to Florida. I must have been temporarily insane when I concocted this plan. I have been DREADING the drive back, but because I waited so long to decide this, it was gonna cost me close to $500 to fly home instead, which obviously I can't justify. It must have been divine intervention because I decided to check Southwest last night and I could get a flight for Sunday for $49!!!! I booked that as quick as possible! Yipee, so I get a couple extra days here AND I don't have to drive. Thank god!

And for even bigger news, Al got the position! He's hired! I don't know the complete details, but he's over the moon. So, sometime before the new year we will be moving to North Carolina. Or at least he will. As I said, no details have been decided. But I'm very proud of him!

5 comments:

Melodie said...

Congrats on the cheap tix and on Al's getting the job! I was actually worried for you that your morning/all day sickness would make a comeback on your long car trip. Glad you'll be able to take a quick plane ride instead.

Debbie said...

Both my pregnancies were good and I still couldn't picture being in a car for that long...And knowing that you had the morning sickness that at times, lasted the entire day, it would not have been a comfortable ride for you...to do alone....

Good News to you and Congrats for Al's job. I'm sure it will be bittersweet to move, but NC is much closer to Jersey than Florida...

Holly said...

Congrats on all your good news! We're going to miss you here in FL! I'm glad we'll be able to meet the new baby before you leave!

Scarlett said...

Congrats on the new job - I've heard that NC is a great place to live. We'll miss you a lot, though. ;(

Andrea said...

Congrats to Al on the new position! And I'm so glad you got to extend your visit in NJ. So bummed we didn't get to get together, but in the summer we will. Have a safe flight back home! Hope it's a little more peaceful. ;)