Monday, April 14, 2008

I'm back in the kitchen!

Well, at least for today. I shouldn't even bother posting this, 'cause that means I'll be cursed with 30 more days of vomiting.

Anyway, I felt good enough today to cook. No, I haven't been starving my family for the past almost 3 months, but I haven't been truly cooking much either. Most of my "cooking" had been those frozen bagged skillet meals, frozen pizzas, or stuff from a box. I won't even begin to count the amount of take out we have eaten as well. Anyway, I'm happy to report that tonight's dinner did not come frozen or out of a box at all (this is unless you count the pasta..I guarantee that I'll probably NEVER make pasta from scratch).

Here's the cooking process:

And here's the completed meal. Note the fresh Parke HydroFarm veggies. Disregard the fact that I forgot to take another picture after I sprinkled it with parmesan.

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Looks great, Heather! Yay! Glad you're feeling better (for now, at least!) I was all excited to head over to Parke today, so I called and only after he said, "Well, we're not..." did I remember, so I finished his sentence "...open today" I was so upset! I had big plans for those veggies, and I don't think I can make it over there until Thursday!