Thursday, April 3, 2008

pregnancy update

Well, 14 weeks today, which by ALL standards means I'm definitely in that 2nd trimester! Wahoo! Now if I could just be smart enough to hide my doppler so I can stop worrying over the lack of heartbeat I find, I could probably relax a bit.

I'm getting bigger every day, and luckily gaining a bit of energy as well. Sickness has subsided some, which is definitely nice. I still don't have much of an appetite, but at least I've graduated to slightly healthier foods (for the most part) when I do eat. I did re-lose that pound I had gained back while my parents were here, so I'm still technically down 8lbs. I had some extra weight though, so I don't look unhealthy at all (in fact I don't think my body looks any skinnier, and of course my belly is bigger).

I'm quite certain that I'm showing a TON more than I did with Tyler. In fact a stranger asked me if I was expecting yesterday, which is kinda crazy considering I wasn't even 14 weeks along. Granted it was an older woman, and not to make insane generalizations, we all know that some of those older people have the guts to say stuff that NONE of us would say to someone we don't know. With Tyler I was 20 weeks or so before anyone in public noticed, and it was a child at that (whose mother was clearly mortified). Meanwhile I was just happy that someone was FINALLY noticing, but this time around, geez, I'm gonna be a house!

Speaking of the difference in my size, here is a photo (can't find the original digital image) of the scrapbook page from when I was 14/15 weeks along with Tyler.

And here are 2 photos from today (and, yes, those are maternity shorts...yikes):
What a difference!

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Yee ha!!! 2nd Tri! Your belly is so cute!

Kandee said...

yes, it's obvious you are showing more this time around. I guess that's the beauty of a second pregnancy...you do everything earlier.