Friday, March 7, 2008

oh, the drama

Remember a while ago I posted about my nut-job neighbors whom I had to call the police on? If not, perhaps this blog will refresh your memory. Anyway, long story short, my neighbors have a few screws loose, if you ask me. I don't appreciate living near them, to say the least.

Well, you may also recall, the same day I posted about the police call, I also had to call the police earlier in the day due to my car being vandalized. Again, this blog should cover the details if you don't recall my story.

The fact of the matter is, I always thought the neighbors may have had something to do with the break-in. Not necessarily them themselves, but one of the lovely individuals they choose to spend their time with. Of course there was no way of proving it, but the theory lingered in my mind. So, out of the blue yesterday, a police officer came knocking on my door. Basically he questioned the comings and goings of certain vehicles and what I seemed to know about the neighbors. He was only here briefly when he received a phone call, related to whatever incident they were investigating, asked a few questions, and said this would not be the end of us seeing him.

This morning I get a phone call from a different neighbor, asking if I had any information on the arrest from that morning. Ummm, the arrest? I knew nothing! She told me that her husband witnessed at least 2 men being arrested at the nut-job house around 1:00am. So, of course I got nosy, and I posted about my situation on my playgroup's website. A few people gave me information as to how I could obtain the arrest logs (public record), and my friend Melodie did some kick-butt detective work and found the record for one of the arrests. Turns out it was a female, who just happens to LIVE in the nut-job house. Although it is public record, and although I am tempted, I will not post the link to the arrest record....but I will sum it up a bit for you. She was being held on a $22,500 bond for the following counts:

DEALING IN STOLEN PROPERTY

BURGLARY OF AN UNOCCUPIED DWELLING

GRAND THEFT THIRD DEGREE

FALSE INFO ON PAWNBROKER FORM

Anyway, of course she was ALREADY released, and I still don't know any details about the men that were reportedly arrested. There may be ZERO connection between this arrest and the fate of my long-lost but beloved GPS, but it is one of those things that makes you go hmmmmm? But there's my juicy gossip for the day. Aren't you just soooooooo jealous of my neighborhood? LOL!

2 comments:

Melodie said...

What? No vomit-speak today? J/K!

Hill said...

Wow-- that IS drama! The most I can say about my neighbors is that they look to create drama with us over our geriatric pit bulls.

I'm so disappointed you didn't witness the arrest-- you could've posted pictures with your blog (since you ARE a skilled member of the paparazzi).