Friday, March 28, 2008

Date night!

My parents have been trying to get Al and I out on a date night since they got here a week ago. We've either been a) too busy, b) working (okay, that would just be Al), or c) too tired. Well, tonight it's happening! We're going to go see a movie and maybe grab something to eat afterwards. I'm so excited!

When I was pregnant with Tyler (at least during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters) we probably saw 2-3 movies a month. I was in love with movie theater food, so we'd make a meal of it. It was probably the first "food" I ate after having had lots of nausea. So, movie dinner dates were sorta our thing then. So, with any luck, movie theater food will appeal to me tonight. Buttery, fattening popcorn, here I come!

The saddest realization though was accepting that I have NO idea what movies are playing, let alone knowing what movie I'd want to see. I even went so far as to ask my on-line friends, who gave me a few suggestions. I was slightly amused to see that I'm not the only one completely out-of-touch. In fact someone recommended that I see a movie that's not even in the theater. LOL!

Anyway, hopefully by tomorrow (or at least by Sunday) I'll do a picture post to fill you in on all the fun things that have been happening here. Geez, Tyler spent a whole day in Disney with his mom-mom yesterday and I have yet to even mention it. I am slacking!

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

hope you had a great time!!!