Saturday, March 29, 2008

photos!

As promised, I'm back with photos. Unfortunately I forgot to get my mom's pictures on my computer before she left, so some of these (the Disney ones) are just ones that she had taken with her phone and sent to me.

Let's see...where to begin? Well, I guess I last really updated on Sunday after Easter. So, on Monday, after preschool, we bribed Tyler (with McDonald's) to get his hair cut. That evening, after dinner out at Outback, we went to the drive-in (which I did discuss), but here is a photo:

On Tuesday, after preschool, we drove to Downtown Disney. My mom still has a pass, but my dad and I do not, so she brought Tyler into Disney Quest while my dad and I people-watched on a bench out in the sun. Tyler enjoyed himself. Afterwards we head over to Animal Kingdom Lodge and hung out for a while, viewing the animals, until it was time for our reservation at BOMA. Dinner was quite good, and Tyler was sooooo well behaved (thank goodness). Then we left for Fort Wilderness campground to go roast some marshmallows (one of Tyler's favorite things to do) before Chip & Dale came out to start the sing-a-long. Afterwards we stayed for part of 102 Dalmations, until I decided that Tyler wasn't quite ready for that movie yet.

On Wednesday we drove down to see my grandparents again, and this time we hit up Nokomis beach, right by the pier. It was a beautiful day, although it was a bit chilly for me when the sun went it. Tyler was pretty fascinated by all the shells. I found amusement in a pick-up truck that was parked in the lot, with it's bed full of grapefruit. Attached to the side of a truck was a written sign that said "free, grapefruit, free". Well, who can pass up free? I now have 4 grapefruit in my fridge!

On Thursday Tyler and my mom had their special day in Disney. Meanwhile I had a special dentist appointment (NOT) and then my dad and I had some important errands at Lowe's and Home Depot. My mom often sent photos of Tyler (via the phone) enjoying various rides/attractions. Not to be outdone, I sent a photo of my dad and I in Home Depot. Obviously a fun time was had by all! And obviously we are all finding way too much amusement from our new cell phones (with required media plan for the first month)!

On Friday we didn't too much in the morning, well, unless you now count the hours upon hours of boardgames that Tyler coerces my mom into playing. Well, Friday was no different! That afternoon we did go to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. That evening my mom and dad watched Tyler so that Al and I could have a "date night". We ended up seeing 21, which I was pleasantly surprised with. We had a great time, meanwhile Tyler had tons of fun at the miniature golf course with my parents.

Today was, sadly, time to say goodbye to my parents. To ease the pain of their parting, I decided I had to distract Tyler. I decided it could (to a 3-year-old) be fun to scrub the lanai floor (to remove the paint that he splatters on the floor while painting at his easel). I was right, he was in his glory. Meanwhile, I am now beat!

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Sounds like you all have had a fun-filled week! Glad you had such a nice visit with your parents.

Working Mama said...

Wow - what a super busy week. It sounds like fun and what great memories for Tyler! I love a boy that likes to clean!!!!
Andrea