Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Just checking in

Last night we (my parents, Al, Tyler,and I) went out to Outback. It was the first time I ate close to a real meal out in the past month or so. I enjoyed myself, even though I couldn't eat too much. Tyler was too full from the bread and stuff he pulled from my dad's salad to eat much dinner, aside from his mashed potatoes.

After dinner my mom and I took Tyler to the drive-in to see Horton Hears a Who. It was a pretty cute movie, but the best part was just listening to and watching Tyler enjoy the movie. How can you not laugh when you hear a 3-year-old bust out in a true belly laugh. He enjoyed the popcorn and getting to sit in "grown-up seats" in the car. It was a nice night.

Today Tyler had preschool and now we're grabbing a quick lunch before heading to Disney. Since my dad and I don't have passes we'll just be walking around Downtown Disney for a couple of hours. Afterwards we have reservations, with my mom's friends, at BOMA. Yum. After that, weather cooperating, we'll be heading over to Fort Wilderness campground to do the sing-a-long and marshmallow roast with Chip and Dale before watching 102 Dalmations on the big screen. Should be fun!

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

Enjoy your day - I LOVE Boma! We are taking Matthew to see Horton tomorrow..glad to hear you guys enjoyed it! How nice you got a "sort of" real dinner!
Andrea

Scarlett said...

Sounds like you're having a really nice visit with your parents! Enjoy it! The drive in sounds like so much fun. We were going to go last weekend, but both of my boys caught colds, so we're waiting to get over that. Hopefully they'll keep it there another week and we'll make it this weekend. Glad you're feeling better!