Saturday, March 15, 2008

He knows!

I completely forgot to mention that we went ahead and told Tyler the big news on Thursday night. Al has been dying to tell him, whereas I've been on the fence, but I'm a little scared that he'll hear it from someone else, which I really don't want.

Anyway, we talked about how some of his friends have brothers and sisters and that soon he'd be a big brother too. Al said something about a baby being in mommy's belly, to which Tyler replied "that's silly". Obviously he doesn't get it (I imagine it's quite a foreign concept to a 3-year-old) but he seemed really excited. He wanted to know how many days until his brother or sister would be here. I told him "a lot, like after you turn 4". That answer was not acceptable. He wanted to know how many DAYS. I told him, about 200. He says "okay, maybe like one hundref, because that's not too bad". LOL.

BTW, he wants a "baby sister".

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Very cute... Hayden wanted a baby sister too, but he had to settle for Isaac. LOL!

Melodie said...

Considering how well Tyler plays with the little girls, I hope he gets his wish for a baby sister, too.