Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My little competitor

Today was Tyler's preschool's "Olympics". Apparently it's the 26th annual Olympic event with all the other local programs. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was a wonderful event! Tyler had an absolute ball, with activities ranging from tricycle relay races to potato sack races. According to Tyler, his favorite was the parachute and the hula hoops. In actuality, he loved them all. There really was no competition per say, and I was just proud that he truly gave every one of them a good effort. I had half expected him to refuse to even try some of them. Boy was I wrong! At the end of the event he, along with every other child, received a medal. He is sooooo proud of himself!

To anyone in the area, check out Fox news tonight. They were there, along with a few other news channels, recording the event. Fox though seemed to give our group the most camera time. Tyler's class is the one with the camouflage shirts.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh darn, I saw the news tonight but I was only watching it off and on. I saw the segment on the Olympics but I wasn't really paying too much attention to it.

Working Mama said...

That is SO cute - I bet he did have a blast. I will try to catch the 11:00 news. My boys would have loved that too!
Andrea

Melodie said...

I saw on the channel 10 news this afternoon that they had held the Tiny Tot Olympics today and I wondered if you guys had gone. It really is so much fun. I took Sarah when she was in Tiny Tots NINE years ago. Boy, do I feel old now!

Karlise said...

It wasn't on Fox's 10pm news. :( I watched the whole thing waiting and waiting....