Thursday, March 13, 2008

Doing a happy dance!

Today I had an OB/GYN appointment. I'm 11 weeks today. Yes, I know I've already seen the heartbeat and, in theory, have nothing to worry about. But this is ME we're dealing with. I worry. LOL. Since I had been feeling better the past few days I had some concerns, but honestly I did have a pretty good feeling about it. Anyway, back to my point.

They were unable to find the heartbeat with the doppler. She said it was just too early and they'd check again at my next appointment. Then, she must have had second thoughts so she said "Hold on a sec. Let me see if I can get a room". She came back, told me to hurry, and rushed me into another room for a "quick peek ultrasound". When I say "quick", I mean quick. So quick in fact that someone else's name was still on the machine and someone was waiting outside the door for us to finish. But thank goodness....we saw a baby with a strong heartbeat! 11 weeks down, 29 to go! Aaahhhhhh, I think I can start to relax now. Happy, happy, joy, joy!

4 comments:

jennifer said...

YEA!!! Keep growing baby. I am so happy for you Heather.

Melodie said...

Same thing happened to me. We thought we'd be able to hear the heartbeat for the first time (I was 10-12 weeks), but we didn't. Since I had had a couple of bleeding episodes, we did a "quick peek" to see the heartbeat. It was great!
Congrats on things going so well! Pretty soon you'll be in your second trimester and you can stop worrying so much.

Kandee said...

I'm happy for you. This is exciting to watch and hear about.

Scarlett said...

Yay Yay Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news!!!